TXM Practical 5STM is a foundation element of operational performance and a powerful waste reduction tool. P5S™ is a proven and practical way to improve the organization of a workplace by achieving and maintaining good housekeeping standards and readiness disciplines. It identifies a place for everything and demands behavior to maintain the defined order and operating condition of tools, equipment, and facilities. A work environment that maintains their P5STM disciplines generally exhibits superior performance in safety, quality, operating efficiency, overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), and agility.
The Elements of P5S:
- SORT OUT what is in the area to determine what is needed, what can be stored elsewhere and what can be disposed of.
- SET IN ORDER the area by determining a place for everything and putting everything in its place.
- SHINE AND CHECK the area by giving it a thorough clean to set a new benchmark for cleanliness and to reveal the sources of dirt.
- STANDARDISE the workplace by establishing standards and procedures to constantly maintain the standard of the area.
- SUSTAIN the change through agreeing processes to implement ongoing improvements & audit results. This establishes a culture of continuous improvement.
The Benefits of the TXM Practical 5STM APPROACH:
- A simple, practical system for workplace organisation that delivers sustained results.
- Engages and empowers front line teams while making them accountable for compliance.
- Equips your business with easy to understand tools and techniques that you can extend across your different areas of your organization.
- Provides your business with an effective starting point for workplace standards, standard work, autonomous maintenance and reduction in set up time.
Practical 5S Delivers Benefits to your Bottom Line:
- Up to 15% increased productivity time by reducing movement waste and “looking time”.
- Safety is improved by eliminating hazards, resulting in up to 30% reduction in the injury rate.
- Increased employee morale and reduced turnover.