Implementation of TPM for A Global Leading PVC Floor Manufacturer
Client: A Global Leading PVC Floor Manufacturer
Location: Changshu, China
This company is a global leading indoor PVC floor. For years it has cooperated with many famous enterprises and participated in some well-known projects, including the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games and the 2010 Shanghai World Expo.
The Changshu plant understood that the reliability of the equipment is critical, therefore they have already established a good foundation in equipment maintenance. However, Changshu plant expected a systematic TPM program to change the culture in terms of equipment maintenance. Changshu plant requested that TXM use its rich experiences of TPM projects to help to develop a systematic process of TPM for them.
TXM supported the Changshu plant to implement the Three Pillars of the Pilot TPM, named Autonomous Maintenance, Planed Maintenance and Focused Improvement.
- Used the TXM 7 Abnormalities Detection List, operators and maintenance workers found more than one hundred abnormal items, including minor defects, lack of basic conditions, areas hard to reach, sources of contamination, quality defect sources, unnecessary items and safety defects.
- Established an Equipment AM Cleaning and a Checklist to find out the abnormalities of the equipment and solve them in advance.
- FMEA Analysis and AM Checklist: used FMEA to evaluate the failure mode of elements in order to establish the PM and the Spare Parts System.
- Set up special focused improvement teams for difficult problems to discuss the solutions on site and to implement improvement programs together.
- “Zero Dust” Projects: Sealed up a feeding system to prevent dust leak in the production process, and “visualized” equipment to make it easier during the daily inspection and maintenance.
- Established a TPM Activity Management Board to manage all the activities of TPM.
- Through the implementation of the Autonomous Maintenance, operators check and clean the key areas at every shift, find abnormalities in advance, and extend the life of equipment.
- Through the implementation of the focused improvement, the “zero dust” state is basically realized, the operating status of the equipment improves significantly, and the shop environment has also been improved.
- Through the systematic equipment analysis, planned maintenance and spare parts management, the maintenance team has accumulated much practical experience, providing a solid foundation for a systematic equipment maintenance.